2009/01/24

F i n a l l y..

..I managed to put my teal Debbie Bliss 'Cashmerino DK' stash into good use, after a couple of rippings, as you may remember. Here it is, a sweater from Phildar Winter 07/08 magazine. Original looked like this:



And mine looks like this - I'm quite pleased with the sleeves especially, they have a nice drapey/slouchy feel to them, and are very feminine.

I made some alterations to the original pattern's neck band, since I couldn't for the life of me understand the instructions: "..work several more rows of st st in a different color. Iron these st st rows, when making up sweater you will simply unravel these rows to base color". Say wha?! So I just gave up (and thought myself real stupid for a while), and picked up the stiches from the neck and back, and knit with 1k 1p rib. It may not be as French as in the original, but hey, it works. I also added a press-on button to make the neck-line more sturdy and wearable.



















* * * *

Hey, you know what this is?


It's an empty desk, a tabula rasa, a clean slate -- no WIPs, just open opportunities! New projects, here I come! :)

2 comments:

Tytti said...

Hyvännäköinen toteutus! Mulla on ollut samaisen neuleen kuva tallennettuna idea-kansioon kaula-aukon takia, se on musta kaunis.

Ps. Hyvä että Mokkasukkalanka tuli perille.

Mari,Prosessineuloja said...

Todella kaunis neule! Tuollainen kivasti monella tavalla toimiva ja istuva pusero kuuluisi kyllä joka vaatekaappiin.