2009/01/02

New year - new ideas!

Since it's a new year, and I'm on the mend from the symptoms of Uninspiration by now (the lovely sunny & cold weather has helped..), I have started up with a new sweater (from some old yarn..), and also finalized my decision how to go along with the scarf which has been in production for quite a long time now....maybe some of you remember this grey thing..?



I will join two scarfes to make one - the white silk scarf is a gift from a colleague, and has not found it's way into my wardrobe yet, although it's a nice design by Anna Sui. I believe that the marriage of these two will end up nicely - let's see! There's still some of this lovely grey yarn (silk/merino) left, and I intend to use up all of it. Further report will come later, then...



The story behind the sweater is actually starting to resemble quite much the old Finnish folk tale of a mr Cat commissioning a coat from a tailor, one mr Mouse. When the cat comes to collect his coat, the mouse says something like this: "Oh, no sir, there is no coat, sir, but what I could do is a swell pair of pants for you, sir!". And when Cat comes to collect his pants, mr Mouse comments: "Oh, sorry sir, but no pants materialized from this fabric - I could make a beautiful waiscoat for you, however!" etc etc etc, until there's nothing left of the fabric... .... (and until the cat eats the mouse in his frustration, but that's not relevant here..).






So I gave up on the previous Phildar pattern which I planned to make with the teal Debbie Bliss cashmerino DK yarn which was coming from another cardigan which I ripped... phew!... and have instead already finished the back of this Phildar pattern - very simple, but I like the idea of the deep cut in the front and the willowy sleeves:






No comments: