2008/08/20

Lady August

In the meanwhile, when Little Birds is on it's way, I want to show you something I made earlier this summer. It's 'February Lady Sweater' by Pamela Wynne (a.k.a Flint Knits), and it's the most gorgeously fitting knit I've ever managed to cast-off my needles. Also just about the easiest structure - it's top-down, no-seam wonder! I just love it! I made it with a combination of two cotton yarns, the other was chocolate brown Rowan 'Cotton Glace' and other was thinner cotton yarn by Novita. These two put together made a quite thick cotton combination, so the jacket is not so slumpy as cotton knits sometimes are. The sleeves are exactly the right length for a lady who likes her sleeves 3/4 length, and I even managed to find just the correct buttons for this project. I hope these photos give out at least some of the greatness of this design:







No comments: