2008/08/18

The sleeve #1 is coming along nicely - I've decided to have this cardigan with 'bracelet-length' sleeves (if that's what it's called - as opposed to 3/4 length, you see). Like this:


So leave it just a couple of centimetres above the wrist, to accentuate the delicate wrist bone. Luckily I thought early enough of the matching of pattern - since this will be knit round with both body and sleeves from armpits onwards, the pattern would have to match at the place where the body and sleeves meet, of course.. Again, brilliant mathematical genius at work :)

This is what I started and finished during the weekend:


..and I still don't know what to think of it. I got really high hopes when starting (due to her previous masterpiece, "What I loved"), and partially those hopes were fulfilled - the book was touching and complex. But. Almost just too many things, plots and people, happening all the time - it got almost too much to handle, and somehow some of those stories felt like glued-on, artificial coloring, if you get my drift. There's an uncanny similarity between Siri Hustvedt in this book, and her husband's (Paul Auster) work (which has over the years lost most of it's novelty due to too much repetition, book after book - too much of a good thing, and all that...). Strange things, coincidences, happening to people, the basic storyline of 'a lonely guy comes against some secret/sinister/strange happening/person/phenomena and then gets deeper and deeper into whatever it is'. I don't know.. - at least she got me thinking, and managed to write many sentences which really touched me on a personal level. That's always worth something, yes indeed.

No comments: