2008/08/07

Vests galore!

So, here it is, finally - finished "Back To School Vest"(by Stephanie Japel, 'Fitted Knits'). It turned out just fine, despite the many froggings.


I especially like the 'waffle' texture of the upper part






(The color is actually black, not this dark grey..)

While on the subject, I thought I'd air all the vests I've made previously - so there they come, first a group photo (say cheese!!):


And then individual pics - this first one the "Josephine Top" by Deborah Newton (IK, Summer '07), made with Sivilla yarn (wool/silk, so it's a bit warmer version than the original with cotton yarn). I like the 'empire silhouette', created by the silk ribbon just below the bust.

This next sample is the "Ivy League Vest" by the Goddess of Beautiful Patterns, Her Royal Highness, Eunny Jang (IK, Winter '07). I made this with alpaca yarn, and it's really warm and soft to wear. The steeking was a bit challenging for the first-timer, but proved to be really a must when doing fair isle patterns.


This little number is "Lace Vest" by Sarah Dallas (Rowan, 'Scottish Inspirations'). It's made with Pirkka yarn, pure wool, of dark charcoal grey (although my camera doesn't seem to think so).





And last but not least is my own design from way back when.. This actually has some sentimental value, as this vest was the first Real Knit I managed to make - after I had found out that there's way much more to knitting than the Finnish (let's face it: boring!) magazines and patterns. This is the first actually fitted and fitting garment that I made - maybe not so obvious from this photo, but still... :)



And now for something completely different....

No comments: